Naturally, this work requires specialist knowledge and experience, so it is recommended that it be carried out by personnel experienced in the construction of PV carports.
And what is the typical process that Greenbuddies follow when interested in preparing and implementing a solar carport project? Let's simplistically generalize it (although, of course, each project is unique to some degree):
- Receipt of the investor's inquiry, gathering of input data (location, required scale, local conditions, existing infrastructure, car park plans, nature of the application of the electricity generated in the future by the plant (self-consumption, storage, overflows to the grid, etc.), status of existing permits, preferred design of the above-ground structure, requirement for charging stations or battery storage, drainage system design, etc),
- Greenbuddies Charging (GBCh) then prepares, in cooperation with the suppliers of the carport structure and solar components, a professional estimate of the total cost of the specific solution broken down into key items, i.e., preparation of a techno-economic study, preparation of documents and procurement of missing permits or subsidies, and the actual implementation (site set-up, mechanical construction, design of the foundations and anchoring of the carport, excavation and wiring, prices of individual material components, etc.).
- Discussion with the client as to whether the amount of the investment corresponds to their expectations; if so:
- We contract the engineering phase with the client and conclude a contract for future work
- at this point, the client's paid phase of providing detailed engineering services begins: preparation of a technical and economic study; more precise calculation of the statics and dimensions of the above-ground structure based on the geological tests of the subsoil; more detailed design of the technical solution of the PV plant itself; possibly charging stations and battery storage; preparation of all documents for the construction procedure; power output of the future PV plant; traffic and fire safety solutions; subsidies; etc.
- initiation of the construction procedure on behalf of the investor
- preparation of detailed implementation documentation for the construction and the PV plant
- on the basis of the detailed documentation and the drawings, the final price of the solution can be determined
- signing of the work contract with the usual formalities (subject of performance, rights and obligations of both parties, price and payment terms, guarantees, etc.)
- the actual implementation
The key to success, and frankly, the area that our customers and subsequently us at Greenbuddies struggle with the most, is the availability and completeness of existing investor documentation. We are often faced with the daunting task of retrieving missing or incomplete documentation from the archives of the relevant building authority. The second important success factor is good communication between the investor and the contractor. Only if both parties are pulling the same rope and have a common goal can all the known and unexpected pitfalls of the work be dealt with.
Finally, it remains to stress out that we also carry out the implementation of solar carport systems abroad, where we usually cooperate with local specialist companies in the preparatory phase.
So if you are thinking about a solar carport for your car park or in front of your production or logistics area, do not hesitate to contact us!